Hourly Pool - Cashier
Hourly Pool - Cashier
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09449
Location: Various Locations
Address: No Response
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Hourly Pool
Starting Salary Range: Level II: $12.98 - $18.13 per hour
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This Hourly Hiring Pool represents non-benefitted job openings that may become available in the future. There is no guarantee of interview or employment from this recruitment. Jobs may be located in any of several campuses and centers throughout the PCC district. Hours and schedules vary.
Under the direction of Cashiering Services management responsibilities include: processing and balancing of student, staff and merchant cashiering transactions. Accuracy must be maintained in a sometimes noisy, high pressure environment. Interacts with a diverse volume of students, staff, vendors and the public. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the work section including: students, staff, college-wide departments, and vendors. Job requires strong customer service skills and well-developed verbal skills, including the ability to handle difficult customer service situations with tact and diplomacy. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
The employee can work up to 599 hours per fiscal year.
Applications will be active in the recruitment for 6 months, after which applicants will receive in email letting them know that their application has expired. Applicants are welcome to reapply.
Clerical/Administrative Support - Casual Employment.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
Handles a variety of difficult customer situations using tact, diplomacy and patience to defuse irate/angry customers, both in person and over the phone. Common situations include: students/staff unable to register, obtain transcripts or cash checks due to holds; enforcement of accounts receivable procedures; and inability to process non-related activity when other offices are closed.
Prepares deposits and assists with transfers of large sums of currency and checks via armored transport to bank and central cash vault, maintaining a high level of security.
Reconciles complex cash receipts accounting report of all student, staff and merchant transactions on a daily basis. Prepares daily bank deposit.
Processes staff imprest cash transactions. Disburses money; verifies accounting distribution, supporting receipts and authorizing signatures. Assists in maintenance of campus records of imprest cash transactions for audit purposes.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS involve the ability to perform the duties at one or more of the following levels:
Work is more complex, from routine to varied, requiring journey-level job skills. Some decisions require that the incumbent draw from knowledge and past experience to resolve issues not clearly defined by policy/procedures. May involve directing the work of others.
- Advanced Administrative Support
- Computer/Data-entry Operator
- Accounting Clerk
- Registration Clerk
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this hiring pool you must submit:
1. Completed online application (required - be sure to complete all sections)
2. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They are not required. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for employment in any hourly pool position. An hourly employee may work up to 599 hours per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) in an individual hourly job. With some restrictions, hourly employees may hold more than one hourly job at the college. There are no benefits.
- Hours vary and are set by the department.
- A criminal background check may be required before employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.