Job Number: 79673
Job Code: 4921
Job Grade: E
The Stanford Biobank Center represents one of the core pillars supporting the promise of precision health. Every sample has one purpose and that is to be analyzed and produce data; ultimately by facilitating access to quality biospecimens loaded with clinical and molecular data annotations, you will be a part of helping researchers accelerate biomarker and therapeutic discoveries in precision health and improving the outcomes for patients everywhere.
The Stanford Biobank Center is seeking a Biobank Assistant under the direction of the Stanford Biobank management, to perform biobanking and support duties related to the accessioning, storage, retrieval and record keeping large scale clinical projects project. In addition, this position will also be responsible to receive, handle, store and ship samples.
- Collection, storage, retrieval and distribution of specimens and related data after appropriate training.
- Provide biobank management assistance to our external collaborations.
- Work safely under the EH&S guidelines with potentially biohazardous biological specimens.
- Identify and mitigate risks to ensure accuracy in sample and data storage.
- Show professionalism and always demonstrate courteous customer service.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Organizational skills to troubleshoot unplanned situations while still meeting established deadlines.
- Microsoft office suite or ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with databases, reporting, performance indicators, and the Microsoft suite.
- The ability to communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Capable of independent and self-motivated work to complete tasks with minimal direction.
- Must maintain punctuality, good attendance and flexibility to work hours when study subjects are scheduled.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
General knowledge of medical terminology.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Additional WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May require transporting samples to other lab sites lab or Sponsor site.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.