Executive Assistant to the Dean - Sturm College of Law
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) seeks to hire a talented, team-oriented individual with excellent communications skills to serve as the Executive Assistant to the Dean and Human Resources Coordinator. Denver Law is located on the campus of the University of Denver - one of the nation's most beautiful urban campuses - and features a distinguished and internationally recognized faculty, an outstanding and diverse student body, a motivated and highly professional staff, and an alumni base that has achieved distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
The successful candidate will provide executive-level administrative support to the Dean of Denver Law and serve as the law school's Human Resources Coordinator. In those capacities, he or she will work closely with the College's senior administrative team, provide additional support to the College's Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, work effectively with faculty, staff, students, alumni, members of the university community, and the general public, and execute various human resources functions in collaboration with the University's Human Resources Department. This position reports directly to the Dean of Denver Law, with an additional dotted line to the College's Assistant Dean of Business and Operations.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Dean, including assistance with correspondence, scheduling, travel, strategic initiatives, University collaborations, and public engagement.
- Work closely with the senior administrative team of Denver Law across a range of functional areas, including admissions, alumni relations, communications, events, and career development.
- Provide additional support to the College's Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis for both internal and external audiences, including relevant accrediting bodies.
- Facilitate the performance review process for faculty, including the compilation of underlying data, as well as the aspects of the promotion and tenure process.
- Attend monthly faculty meetings and serve as faculty secretary.
- Coordinate a variety of human resources functions, including search procedures, job postings and hires, on-boarding, work-study arrangements, and benefits-related matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a high-performance setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong typing and computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Judgment, integrity, dependability, adaptability, and a strong compliance orientation
- A dedication to customer service
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of office management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous executive assistant or high-level support experience.
- Past experience in higher education administration or another relevant professional setting.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. For questions about the application process, please contact