Staff - Director of Early College High Schools
Staff - Director of Early College High Schools
Min Salary: $55,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 7/15/2018
General Statement of Job:
The Director of Early College High Schools provides the leadership, planning, coordination, and evaluation of all components of Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships at South Texas College. Specifically, the director will oversee the daily operations of all the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit offerings at partnering school districts, including class scheduling, student scheduling, Summer Bridge programs, and related activities necessary for the successful operation of the program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and oversees the implementation of all Early College High Schools and Dual Credit offerings at partnering school districts.
- Collaborates with secondary and post-secondary educators to plan and develop dual enrollment/dual credit classes, Instructional Plans and assists in the development of the resulting schedules and agreements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of academic and technical curriculum and course prerequisites, and the instructional methodology and technology needed in the implementation of the program.
- Responsible for development of reports; oversight of Early College High Schools (ECHS) data and tracks student success points.
- Oversees and monitors the coding of ECHS students within the College’s data system.
- Provides presentations to faculty and counselors at both secondary and post-secondary institutions on the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships program.
- Attends leadership meetings with high school staff and administrators on a monthly basis to ensure all eligible students are in coordination with their selected pathway.
- Prepares, recommends, oversees and provides leadership in budgets and statements of work as necessary to support the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships program.
- Oversees, initiates, and facilitates all the program committee meetings.
- Attends meetings with Texas Education Agency (TEA) leadership coaches to provide support on the ECHS Blueprint and benchmark progress and school district Board meetings, as requested.
- Directs all professional seminar series, professional development activities, tutorials, career exploration, advising, and degree planning for all students in the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships program.
- Develops and administers brochures, handouts, and guides of the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships program to provide accurate information to students, parents, faculty, counselors, and the community.
- Directs the identification of funding sources and collaborates with the Grant Development, Management, and Compliance department to leverage grants, and community and professional partnership opportunities for model projects, as appropriate, and needed for the overall sustainability of the Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships program.
- Represents the College at local, state and national conferences and activities.
- Maintains familiarity with the College’s programs, degree plans, academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Recommends for hire, supervises, trains, assigns schedules, and evaluates Early College High Schools and Dual Credit Partnerships staff; provides guidance concerning professional development.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory/leadership experience with public schools, community colleges, and/or universities required.
- Experience in Early College High Schools, preferred.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
To apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/10576