Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assist the Head Athletic Trainer / Director of Sports Medicine in developing and implementing the sports medicine program for intercollegiate athletics. May direct graduate assistants, or student employees to perform pre-defined tasks.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
The following duties are essential to the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer
1. Injury prevention, evaluation, management, treatment and rehabilitation for student-athletes.
2. Assist in implementing and conducting the drug testing program.
3. Assist with educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
4. Assist at assigned athletic events.
5. Assist with all aspects of the sports medicine program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of intercollegiate sports programs.
2. Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
3. Knowledge of medical care, prevention, and treatment of athletic injuries.
4. Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
5. Ability to perform the duties of a licensed/certified athletic trainer.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, or a directly related field from an accredited regional university or college required. License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation required.
Master's Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, or a directly related field from and accredited regional university or college preferred. Certification by the NATA Board of Certification preferred.
Position requires long periods of standing, with intermittent sitting, walking, reaching, bending and grasping. Basic manual dexterity is also necessary. Incumbent works both in and outdoors, and has periodic exposure to dust, pollen, heat, cold, and inclement weather.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected]