P/T Program Specialist (College Connections Initiative –WEOC)
Department/Division/Location: Westchester Educational Opportunity Center (WEOC)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $31.01/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, the P/T WEOC College Connections Initiative (CCI) Program Specialist is responsible to assist in the development and management of strategies and services geared to increase college access. S/he will also:
- Work with Student Affairs to assist in the development of the annual CCI plan which provides comprehensive information to community residents to facilitate all aspects of the college search and admissions process and making appropriate wise college choices;
- Collect data and research to maintain awareness and develop reports regarding issues and trends in college admission, higher education, testing, including maintaining and disseminating information about standardized tests such as Accuplacer, COMPASS, SAT, ACT, and TOEFL exams;
- Conduct community workshops about college access;
- Coordinate schedules and assists with administration of readiness testing;
- Identify and maintain resource information on colleges, college guides, scholarships, financial aid, and paying for college;
- Assist Student Affairs staff and develops reports to track applications, admission and placement decisions, and statistics;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services is required. College admissions or high school college counseling experience is strongly preferred. A Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Education, Counseling, or a related field is also strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication abilities to relate to multiple audiences; and the ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding population. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. S/he must have the ability to work independently. Meticulous organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail, is required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please indicate CODE:IHE “P/T Program Specialist (College Connections Initiative –WEOC)” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.