Associate Director, Athletic Facilities & Recreation
The Associate Director is responsible for the management and daily operations of all athletics facilities, including daily and event operations, scheduling, security and programming; developing and managing a revenue generating rental program; serving as the primary liaison to Babson facilities and public safety; and overseeing a comprehensive recreation program for campus community.
- Supervises, secures, and coordinates the operation of all athletics facilities, to include scheduling of the Babson Skating Center, Staake Gymnasium, PepsiCo Pavilion, Morse Swimming Center, Lunder Fitness Center, Babson Tennis Center and other programming areas in the Athletic Facilities.
• Secures external programming for all athletics facilities, including rental agreements, billing and appropriate record keeping.
• Serves as the primary athletics and recreation liaison to Babson Facilities Management and Planning, Public Safety and Student Activities which includes developing and maintaining relationships with the Grounds and Building Services and Operations, Trades Services and Utilities; and developing and maintaining strong relationships with Public Safety to ensure proper security of the building and with Student Activities, to facilitate program development.
• Serves as liaison with the Babson Facilities Management and Planning regarding capital projects and all renovation, refurbishment and maintenance of athletics facilities.
• Oversight of Babson game and championship operations (including coordinating security/event staffing, developing game day operations manuals for each sport, communicating and working with facility staff to ensure proper set-up per NCAA standards, and working with coaching staff).
• Oversees a comprehensive recreation program for campus community including intramurals, club sports, fitness classes and recreational center staffing.
• Oversight of select sports programs.
• Establishes and maintains a relationship with regional and national associations and organizations, to keep abreast of modern management of Athletics Facilities.
• Collaborates with Office of Summer Programs to schedule Athletic Facilities for summer programming.
• Responsible for a portion of a budget ($1 – $1,000,000). Has authority to sign for expenses up to $10,000 without higher authorization.
• Serves on standing and ad hoc committees directly or indirectly related to Athletics.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 6-8 years of years of related experience
• Must have strong communications skills including ability to communicate by telephone
• Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
• Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members.
• Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Ability to anticipate and effectively handle change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Ability to travel; heavy lifting required (75 pounds and over); may be required to work when the college is closed during snow emergencies.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• Driver's license preferred but not mandatory