Adjunct Counselor/Social Worker-WEOC
Department/Division/Location: Westchester Educational Opportunity Center (WEOC)
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, the Adjunct Counselor/Social Worker:
- Works with students individually and/or in groups to provide guidance and counseling related to achieving educational goals and career plans, and provides appropriate academic or psycho-social referrals as needed;
- Conducts interviews to obtain information about personal, academic and work histories to determine students’ placement in programs and their service needs;
- Works with other WEOC staff to assist in developing and monitoring student progress toward increasing effective retention and completion plans;
- Provides crisis intervention and conducts suicide assessment, when necessary
- Monitors and evaluates students’ progress in class and in groups to evaluate areas of concern and takes appropriate action to address any concerns;
- Documents counseling, case management, disciplinary educational and career planning and other student interventions in student files, as appropriate.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a non-specific field, a Master’s degree in Guidance Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or closely related field, and 2 years of professional experience, preferably working with non-traditional adult learners. S/he must be a licensed social worker (LMSW or LCSW) and possess a valid NYS license. S/he must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and high stress environment.
Position Effective: The position will remain open until filled
Hourly Rate of Pay: $43.56/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please indicate CODE:IHE “Adjunct Counselor/Social Worker-WEOC” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
Deadline for Applications: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.