Assistant Athletics Coach, Men''''''''s Lacrosse
- Serves as an assistant to the Athletics Department staff with programs and related activities.
- Coordinate and oversee the recruitment of student athletes; contact high/prep school coaches to identify prospective recruits.
- Contact and evaluate prospective recruits; prepare and distribute recruiting information; may assist in recruiting efforts with the Admission Office.
- Plan with Head Coach recruiting trips based on contacts; attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation.
- Maintain accurate records of all contacts.
- Maximize efficient use of e-mail, internet, phone, letters, and personal contact.
- Assist with practice and games as directed by Head Coach which includes teaching advanced level skills and game strategies.
- Assist monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; serve as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; be available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events.
- Scout opponents during playing season; prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- One year of previous coaching experience preferred
- Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather are required; Ability to travel; Light lifting required (50 pounds and under); and Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate by telephone
- Computer proficiency
- Valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License, with an insurable driving history as determined by Babson's insurance carrier