Adjunct Associate Professor - Music
Adjunct Associate Professor - Music
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Closing Date/Time: 9/30/2018
Salary: $51.91 - $79.07 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Arts & Communication
Under the general supervision and direction of the assigned Division Dean, organize and teach courses in jazz studies and music technology for the general education students and the music major. The primary responsiblity is to teach up to 15 units (full-time) or up to 10 units (part-time) in Music.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Teach courses in jazz history, commercial music, music technology, and other areas within the department.
- Develop the jazz studies, commercial music, and music technology programs including the areas of curriculum, scheduling, scholarship development, recruitment, budgeting, purchasing, public relations, and performance production.
- Work in a cooperative manner with other faculty in developing and maintaining a comprehensive collegiate-level music program.
- Assist in the operation of the Department of Music as a whole.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of reports, budgets, audit information and other required data.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and revision of courses and course materials as assigned.
- Assist in the design, development, and evaluation of new courses, materials and programs.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of the program by participating in special college sponsored events and by visiting local organizations and schools.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling service and/or tutorial assistance.
- Serve as a lead instructor for part-time instructors teaching the same or similar courses.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's in Music, OR Bachelor's in Music AND Master's in humanities OR the equivalent.
- Demonstrated teaching experience.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Demonstrated success in implementing music technology into the instructional program.
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching experience in the areas of Jazz Studies and Music Technology.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and leading performing ensembles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative manner with students, faculty, staff, administrators and community members.
- Collegiate teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience as an exemplary teacher.
- Demonstrated expertise in brass, percussion, or keyboard performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities, and cultures.
- Knowledge of the diverse needs and abilities of non-traditional students and familiarity with materials and methods designed to meet their needs.
- Demonstrated willingness to commit the extra time to make a program successful.
- An earned Doctorate.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.