Assistant To Director-Fixed Term
Assistant to the Director, PromotionsPosition Summary
In this position, you will:
- Develop, implement and supervise 50/50 raffles at approximately sixty (60) annual Department events to include football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, hockey and other events to be determined. Participate in the acquisition, storage, use and maintenance of equipment specifically designed to conduct the 50/50 raffles. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Identify, select, train, supervise and compensate volunteer groups that assist with the 50/50 raffles.
- Assist with sales and marketing of season, mini-plan, group and individual game ticket sales to students, alumni, faculty, staff and public. Special emphasis will be placed on the sales and marketing of football, men’s basketball, hockey, women’s basketball, volleyball and other sports to be determined. These efforts will be implemented to meet or exceed annual season and individual game ticket sales goals and attendance at these events.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans for assigned sports. Emphasis will be placed on ticket sales, attendance and game presentation. Coordinate bi-annual meetings with head coach, ticket office, sports information, event management, and sports supervisor.
- Assist in game presentation for assigned sports to include timelines, scripts, promotions, giveaways, atmosphere, PA announcements, DJ, videoboard, entertainment, special events, band, cheerleaders, dance team, student groups, and product sampling.
- Provide solutions to continuously improve customer service and enhanced game-day experience for fans.
- Support the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics mission statement and exemplify the core values that have been identified for all employees.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a bachelor's degree in a related field; three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in the planning and directing events; ability to work nights and weekends as needed for sporting eventsDesired Qualifications
Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and marketing events; interpersonal skills including strong skills in written, oral, and electronic communication and effective use of social mediaRequired Application Materials