Finance/Accounting Senior Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Emergency Medicine
Finance & Accounting Senior Professional
Position #745915 - Requisition 13551
The Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Finance & Accounting Senior Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Finance & Accounting Sr. Professional. This is full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will be responsible for providing procurement and contract support to Highlands Ranch Hospital, within the Department of Emergency Medicine, in the School of Medicine. In addition, this role is responsible for navigating financial systems and administrative activities, as well as supporting decisions made by the Chair, Vice Chair of Finance & Administration and Asst. Director of Finance & Administration by performing a variety of business and procurement operations. The Finance & Accounting Sr. Professional will provide high quality and creative solutions and support at operational levels.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provides procurement management, including: travel and procurement cards; purchase orders; and associated budget management (ex. speedtype audits/reports, allowable expenditures, etc.) for Highlands Ranch Hospital
- Manages purchasing for Highlands Ranch Hospital including supplies, equipment, subscriptions, and process documents in order to establish contracts for vendors for services.
- Places orders and oversees the supply-purchasing process, seeking input and authorization for advanced or critical decisions.
- Coordinates workflow processes and audits, and maintains maximum efficiency.
- Maintains budgetary related records in accordance with University standards.
- Manages accounting and financial transactions, including but not limited to Purchase Orders, Payment Vouchers, IN's and reimbursement requests for Highlands Ranch Hospital.
- Supports the department in other financial duties, including: cash handling, deposits, billing, accounts payable, and account management.
- Creates and implements the internal reporting mechanisms to track and manage contract activity.
- Reviews monthly accounting activity on all contract accounts ensuring compliance with internal and external policies.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies on accounts.
- Ensures contract-specific invoicing, billing and payment occurs.
- Ensures propriety of transactions involving payroll transfers and journal entries.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $48,512 - $63,550 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, finance or other closely related field.
- Two (2) years of professional, progressively responsible experience in finance and/or contract management.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel.
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Higher education accounting experience.
- Experience with contract administration.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity yet work effectively to fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of the department.
- Strong problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand complex systems and guide other personnel with regard to their use.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong work ethic and commitment to high standards.
- Strong financial management and ability to manage funds from a variety of sources.
- Must have a high degree of technical skills in procurement.
- Knowledge of various CU, CU Medicine, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations pertaining to financial matters.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 23, 2018. Those who do not apply by May 23, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Jun 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00745915