Nature of Work
Providing psychotherapy (individual, couple/family, group) and other forms of psychological support to UCCS students; providing clinical supervision to WCMHS trainees; providing campus-wide psychoeducation/outreach sessions on various relevant topics; and carrying out risk assessments and crisis interventions in person and providing consultation opportunities for the other units and individuals on campus, partaking in the on-call rotation for after-hours support to DPS.
The following professional fields are relevant to position: Clinical psychology, clinical social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy.
This position is supervised by the Director, Wellness Center Mental Health Services.
This position does not exercise any administrative supervision of other positions; however the graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in training may receive clinical supervision from this position.
Examples of Work Performed
This position provides both clinical and non-clinical services. Clinical services entail clinical psychology and counseling services to UCCS students, whose personal/emotional life are interfering with their ability to perform academically. The aforementioned direct clinical services include:
I. Psychotherapy services in individual therapy, group therapy, couple therapy, and family therapy formats.
II. Responding to psychological crises/emergency calls to the WCMHS; be available to make assessments; and carry out crisis interventions.
III. Share the 24-hour on-call duties with other licensed clinicians at the WCMHS by being accessible for the campus authorities. If required, coming on campus in person within 30 minutes from the time call is received to respond to the situation; and if that is not possible, coordinating with a licensed professional in town to come to campus in person.
IV. Whenever there are mandatory referrals from other offices in the university for services (i.e. education/outreach, counseling, and evaluations), providing the required support service and/or assisting other clinicians in carrying out the request at the Center as needed.
V. Whenever clinically necessary, making appropriate referrals to on- and off-campus services and being available to contribute to consultations with these agencies.
VI. As WCMHS accepts graduate students and post-doctoral fellows from psychology and counseling programs from both UCCS and other schools, sharing the clinical supervision load of these students with other clinicians at the center.
VII. Assist, take part and support the community projects that UCCS is involved in.
The nonclinical services this position provides are summarized in three categories: These services entail the following:
I. Assisting in and contributing to the operations of the WCMHS:
a. Whenever necessary, assists in the duties of the WCMHS staff;
b. Attends to all the staff meetings and administrative meetings that are related to position's responsibilities;
c. Helps to organize and coordinate campus-wide education and prevention programs.
II. Assisting in efforts to address the developmental needs of the campus:
III. Assist, take part and support the community projects in which WCMHS is involved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge base and skills sets are critical for this position
- Extensive knowledge about common psychological disorders (i.e. eating disorders; posttraumatic stress syndromes; substance abuse and dependence; depressive, mood and anxiety disorders; psychotic disorders) and developmental and academic challenges of traditional, and non-traditional college students;
- Training and experience with short-term psychotherapy modalities in individual, group, couple, and family therapy formats;
- Training and experience with risk assessment and behavioral crisis/emergency intervention strategies;
- Training and experience with working with diverse populations;
- Training and experience with supervising graduate students who have various levels of education, training, and experience.
- Being able to prepare psychoeducational presentations that can speak to and address all the students, faculty and staff on a college campus
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
$55,000 - $68,000
The salary level for this position will commensurate with the license level and professional experience.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Colorado psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or clinical social worker license. License must be active by the position start date.
- Masters or doctorate degree.
- Training and experience with psychological and neuropsychological assessments
- Knowledge and experience on the assessment and treatment of addictions
- Experience with writing and submitting successful grants and/or management of grant projects.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 6/4/18 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40127 - VCSS-AUX-Counseling
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amanda Allee
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00739675