Part-time Employment Services Representative
Title: Part-time Employment Services Representative
Position ID number: 319
Posted Date: 05/09/2018
Job Category: Hourly and Temporary
Department: Student Development & Success - HSDS
Position Status: Hourly/Temporary
- Work closely with Employment Services Specialist to:
- Assist as needed with the On-Line Career Management Board in College Central (CCN) and marketing of opportunities to all constituents.
- Conduct rsum reviews/ edit rsums in-person and via Optimal Resume and respond to students regarding updating of rsums to professional standards.
- Conduct rsum reviews via CCN and respond to students and alumni regarding updating of rsums to professional standards.
- Provide support as needed with the Virtual Career Library to facilitate student engagement.
- Provide support, as needed, to Employment Services' social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN).
- Conduct job search related workshops and class presentations on campus when needed to prepare students to meet the needs of employers.
- Facilitate training on job search strategies to distance learners.
- Provide assistance as needed to plan and execute on-campus recruiting events and job fairs.
- Keep accurate documentation, prepare and submit weekly report regarding student engagement/contact.
- Perform other related duties as necessary to support the mission of the Employment Services department and AACC.
Bachelor's degree in human resources, career counseling, business management, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of advanced experience in workforce development, corporate engagement/development, employer relations, HR recruiting, and college relations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in-person and in a virtual environment.
- Well versed with the job market, research tools, current labor market trends and the job search process.
- Knowledge of recruiting trends and employment laws.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide timely feedback to employers, students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work independently to fulfill job requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient with technology including MS Word, Excel, databases, electronic communication, the Internet and web based applications.
- Ability to identify, research and recommend the adoption of emerging technologies to support Employment Services at AACC.
Candidate must be available to report in-person during designated work hours to meet the needs of the office and in accordance with a pre-determined schedule.
Send application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per Week: 20