Part-Time EMS Lab Manager
Job Title Part-Time EMS Lab Manager
Job ID 997405
Location Medical Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
STAFF - Support Staff
$12.43 - $21.24
Emergency Medical Services
Open Until Filled
The Lab Manager is responsible for the operation of the labs for Emergency Medical Services programs (Paramedic Certificate Program, Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Program, and First Responder Program) on the Medical Center Campus, Homestead and North Campus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, manages, and plans laboratory courses for Paramedic, EMT-B, and First Responder courses.
- Oversees and coordinates ordering, stocking, and restocking laboratory equipment and supplies in the laboratories on the Medical, Homestead and North campuses.
- Maintains supplies and equipment inventory.
- Communicates with full/part time faculty and Chairperson on laboratory scheduling and classroom issues as needed.
- Prepares laboratories each day for all Paramedic, EMT-B, and First Responder courses.
- Prepares classroom/laboratory materials (handouts and lab manuals) for Paramedic, EMT-B, and First Responder as needed.
- Assist with preparing course outlines for Paramedic, EMT-B, and First Responder laboratory courses.
- Participates in EMS departmental meetings as required.
- Assist with clerical duties such as typing, filing, copying, and computer use in laboratory related responsibilities.
- Sets up audio-visual equipment as needed for laboratory classes.
- Troubleshoots problems associated with laboratory issues.
- Participates as team member of the EMS department.
- Performs any and all other duties related to laboratory activities on and off campus (including transporting and arranging for equipment/supplies at off-site locations and other campuses).
- Coordinate the scheduling of tutorial sessions for Paramedic, EMT-B, and First Responder participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be credentialed in Emergency Medical Services as an EMT or Paramedic with a minimum three (3) years experience in Emergency Medical Services.
- Candidate is required to have good oral and written communication skills, knowledgeable in computer technology, possess excellent customer service and organizational abilities.
- Must be able to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments