Program Manager, Events & Membership
Hyde Park Campus
86653 Polsky Center
About the Unit
The Program Manager, Events and Membership, will responsible for planning and executing two critical components of Polsky Exchange operations: the membership program for the coworking space, and Polsky Exchange events.
- Plan and execute events, including setup, teardown catering, A/V, hosting and other logistics at the Polsky Exchange and occasional offsite locations
- Bill and manage payments for event space rentals.
- Collect and share marketing materials for outside events with relevant partners
- Gather and analyze data and feedback on events.
- Manage data for more than 3,500+ current members at the Polsky Exchange and new applicants, including billing and member access.
- Guide new and prospective members through Polsky resources through tours, orientation and 1:1 interactions.
- Facilitate relationships among members through member socials, introductions, and other opportunities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Salesforce and data management preferred.
- Comfort with public speaking required.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to proactively drive resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to direct a team and work with staff and vendors at all levels.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working in events or hospitality preferred.
- Some experience with audio-visual equipment (microphones, projectors) preferred, but training will be available.
- Demonstrated interest in or experience working with or at startups or in economic development is preferred.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/