Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute
Research Scheduling Manager
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Colorado Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CCTSI) provides infrastructure and core technology resources designed to enhance clinical and basic sciences, promote research excellence, and train the next generation of clinical/translational scientists. The purpose of the Research Scheduling Manager position is to implement and manage operations for a custom scheduling application to support Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) operations. This position will be responsible for overall implementation of the scheduling system, staff training, management of CTRC scheduling software and processes, training of CTRC and research team staff, and operation of the Scheduling system.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Translate research protocols into a calendar of events and allocate associated resources (calendar building)
• Maintain and update data tables within the application
• Scheduling validation and quality control
• Develop custom reports from scheduling software based on requested CTRC, UCD, and hospital metrics
• Provide query and customer service support to software users (CTRC and study staff)
• Install and test application updates on user's computers.
• Training on software functionality for study teams and staff
• Communication with administration and study teams regarding the timeline of the project.
• Supervision of CTRC scheduling staff
• Review of new CTRC protocols
• Data entry
• Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• EMR (EPIC) entry of research appointments
• Liaise with CTRC partners: Harvard tech team (software developers), UCH EPIC team, and CCTSI, UCH, and UCD leadership
• Project management and process improvement pertaining to CTRC scheduling
• Other duties as requested by the Director
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $45,000 to $75,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering, or related field
• Application management experience
• Previous experience in a research environment
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• Superior communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently following training
• Project management
• Supervisory experience
• Ability to interpret research protocols and translate to a series of events requiring specific support assets.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx --
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14101
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60120 - ADM-VCR CCTSI GenOps
Posting Date: Jul 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mujeeb Zaidi
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00748922