Clinical Care Coordinator
Working Title: Clinical Care Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Neurology
Posting Date: 07-06-2018
The Department of Neurology is seeking a Clinical Care Coordinator who will be responsible for: assisting with outreach and recruitment of identified target populations; pilot participation eligibility determinations; data collection and input; provide case management through social work service to dementia patients and their families, provide individuals and caregivers education on dementia, information and referrals to community-based organizations, care transitions support, behavioral symptom management training and expert consultation, and as needed, application and eligibility assistance; provide follow-up contact with individuals and families; and participate in the interdisciplinary clinic teams. Works with patients and team members in an effort to maximize patients' potential for the healthiest coping responses to their challenging situation as outlined in the grants scope of work. In accordance with grant requirements, will consent the patients, abstract and enter data Serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the patient/family and provide interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree. A degree in social work, psychology or nursing is preferred; previous experience in social work or a healthcare setting is preferred.
This is a restricted position and employment is contingent upon funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to demonstrate aptitude for compliance with UVA policies, procedures, and customer service philosophy.
2. Ability to advocate for the needs of the client when faced with challenges.
3. Ability to verbally communicate and possess good interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to adapt to changes in work roles and expectations in order to accomplish client/department goals.
5. Ability to communicate information in writing that is clear and understandable to others.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84970