Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Professional Research Assistant (PRA) is a 100% FTE position within the Department of Medicine and Divisions of Rheumatology/Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. This person will function as a Clinical Research Assistant focusing primarily on research projects involving interstitial lung disease (ILD).
The PRA will focus on the recruitment and maintenance of study subjects in clinical trials and investigator-initiated studies. The PRA will be responsible for assisting the ILD Clinical Research Coordinators with assigned clinical trials; including subject recruitment, screening, consenting, and coordination of study procedures, data collection and entry. The PRA will also assist with consenting patients, processing blood samples and maintaining the ILD registry and biological repository and/or other investigator-initiated studies.
The vast majority of activities will be on the Anschutz Medical Campus, though there may be occasional requirements to visit other sites in the Denver metropolitan area if clinical trials are shared between institutions (e.g. with National Jewish Health). Additional travel may be required by sponsoring organizations for training on study protocols.
Examples of Work Performed
• Serves as a clinical research assistant for multiple industry sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical research protocols
• Assists with subject recruitment
• Assists with subject screening by reviewing subject medical history, reviewing inclusion/exclusion criteria and confirming study eligibility.
• Works with clinical research coordinators to schedule subject participation, coordinating availability of space and clinical support.
• Collaborates with investigators, clinical staff and research staff to ensure study procedures are performed per protocol and properly documented.
• Conducts the informed consent process with proper documentation.
• Reports Adverse Events and Protocol Deviations to appropriate parties.
• Tracks subject participation and compliance in research protocols.
• Completes required source documentation per protocol.
• Abstracts and records subject data into case report forms and ILD database.
• May be called upon to perform phlebotomy, EKG, spirometry and vital measurements including blood pressure.
• Collection, processing and shipping of biological research samples
• Participation in protocol meetings, trainings, monitoring visits and audits
• Work collaboratively and help with periodic cross-coverage of other PRA staff within the ILD Program
• Ensures protocol specific compliance and compliance with FDA, OHRP, GCP, IRB, HIPAA, UCD and affiliates
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be detail oriented
Familiarity with FDA, OHRP, GCP, ICH and HIPAA regulations
Familiarity with IRB policies and procedures
Proficiency with use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
Ability to maintain effective communication with investigators, sponsors and study subjects
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $36,000- $42,000 and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's degree, science or health related field is preferred
• Experience: A minimum of one year of clinical research experience. Clinical trial experience is desired.
• Phlebotomy Certification, preferred
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx --
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14098
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20229 - SOM-MED-Rheumatology
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carissa Figal
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00749298