Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Reconciliation (99355)
Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Accounting Associate)
OBFS - University Accounting and Financial Reporting - Reconciliation
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst will perform University Accounting functions related to Banner bank and fund reconciliations, data analysis, and customer service functions related to University Payroll finance transactions posted to Banner, general, and operating ledgers. The Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst will provide highly specialized functional and technical support in other payroll, general ledger, and operating ledger areas, and assist with the development of policies and procedures for assigned areas of responsibility in compliance with specialized university, state, and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze and resolve payroll accounting associated issues related to Banner general and operating ledger transactions and balances, serving as a subject matter expert in the area of gross wage and fringe benefit payroll transactions in the general ledger, and labor redistributions.
2. Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts and subsidiary balances to general ledger balances.
3. Resolve encumbrance issues for departments, payroll and non-payroll related.
4. Assist in preparation of responses to audit requests, audit findings, special reports, and requests for information.
5. Analyze Banner payroll related activity by fund type, including termination benefits, to determine its appropriateness and initiate necessary corrections.
6. Develop and complete reports to meet financial reporting needs and fulfill State, University, and other fiduciary and regulatory requirements.
7. Prepare technical documentation of accounting procedures and processes, for inclusion in the University Accounting Services Accounting Operations Manual, used as a reference and training resource by staff.
1. (A) Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field AND two (2) years of professional level accounting experience.
(B) Possession of a current registration as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or a valid License to practice Public Accounting.
(C) Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
2. Additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
1. Proficiency in database, query and reporting tools (e.g., MS Access, SQL, etc.).
For more information about this classification:
This Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst (Accounting Associate) position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The salary will be commensurate upon experience and education.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Fin Acctng Rep Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Reconciliation. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: OBFS - UAFR
Title: Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Reconciliation (99355)
Open Date: 07/06/2018
Close Date: 07/23/2018
Organization Name: OBFS - Univ Acct and Fin Report