Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Gifts/State Funds (99354)
Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Accounting Associate)
OBFS - University Acct & Financial Services - Gift/State Funds
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst assists the Director in the areas including, but not limited to: establishment and administration of procedures for university accounting processes; providing technical and administrative support of advanced accounting functions related to gift, endowment income, state, institutional, institutional fund accounting (i.e., institutional cost recovery funds and educational administrative allowance funds) at all University locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide guidance and oversight to units with gift and endowment income funds at each separate University.
2. Assist with state fund accounting responsibilities at all University locations, including state compliance, training, reporting, billing, and customer service issues related to our various state fund accounting responsibilities, as well as initiating and developing Banner and/or REPTPROD financial queries, reconciliation, and reporting.
3. Assist with institutional fund (i.e., institutional cost recovery funds and educational administrative allowance funds) accounting responsibilities at all University locations.
4. Provide customer service to units with self-supporting funds at each separate University, including training on policies and procedures.
5. Prepare various sales, telecommunication, and hotel tax returns on behalf of the University.
6. Monitor agency fund activity including new and established funds at each separate University.
7. Complete support schedules and provide guidance to University units as required for the University's annual unrelated business income tax (UBIT) return.
8. Assist with special projects (such as researching various invoices for year-end accruals information) as assigned by University Accounting Services management.
9. Develop and complete reports to meet financial reporting needs and fulfill State, University, and other fiduciary and regulatory requirements, such as annual audit schedules.
10. Serve on OBFS committees/teams as assigned as a representative of University Accounting and Financial Reporting, such as the UAFR Professional Development Implementation Team.
1. (A) Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field AND two (2) years of professional level accounting experience.
(B) Possession of a current registration as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or a valid License to practice Public Accounting.
(C) Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
2. Additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
1. CPA Certification
2. Knowledge of IRS regulations related to unrelated business income tax (UBIT).
3. Proficient in database, query and reporting tools, such as Microsoft Access.
For more information about this classification:
This Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Accounting Associate) position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The salary will be commensurate upon experience and education.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Fin Acct Rpt Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Gift/State Funds. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: OBFS - UAFR
Title: Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst (Acct Assoc) - UAFR Gifts/State Funds (99354)
Open Date: 07/06/2018
Close Date: 07/23/2018
Organization Name: OBFS - Univ Acct and Fin Report