Senior Research Assistant
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
A Senior Research Assistant position is available in the Laboratory of Dr. Inhee Chung which is part of the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and the Cancer Center of the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Our lab is located in central Washington DC. To learn more about us, please visit:
We are seeking a candidate who can build optical systems for super-resolution images and single molecule tracking data and write codes that operate the electronics and analyze the image data. Candidates with extensive experience in these areas and machine learning applications are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Modifies existing Labview codes that run various electronics.
• Creates new, machine-learning based algorithms for analysis of large data sets
• Maintains accurate records of research findings and analyzes results.
• Publishes research results in scientific reports, journals, books and other media.
• Trains lab members on operations of the analysis tools.
• Other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a BA/BS and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• MS in Physics, Chemistry, Biophysics, EEE, or related fields, with at least 1 year of research experience in the relevant areas.
• Strong programming skills in Matlab, Labview, or C.
• Capable of building optical systems and developing programming tools for image analyses.
• Organizational and communication skills, ability to think critically and creatively, and capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Laboratory Research Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? Posting Number: R000596 Job Open Date: 07/06/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for References
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae