Customer Care Agent
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Customer Care Agent
Call Center - 7010757
Enrollment Management Services
Cover Letter, Resume
The Customer Care Agent will provide customer information and resolve customer issues and/or create call-back tickets for follow-up. This position will respond to inquiries by providing professional, user friendly, accurate and real time information to a diverse audience supporting current and prospective students. Duties will include managing inbound /outbound calls and written communication (email and chat). This position will require time on the phone and computer to resolve customer inquiries. The position will be measured by various metrics including resolution time and customer satisfaction.
- Answer and respond to inbound calls, emails, and chat responses
- Create callback tickets for follow-up
- Track inquiries via CRM system
- Assist in maintaining documentation for Customer Care team
- Maintain a current working knowledge of Enrollment Services policies
- Complete special projects and duties assigned by Assistant Director of Communication Services in a timely manner
- Speak clearly, offer office identity, and provide a spirit of assistance
- Remain up to date regarding policies, calendar, deadlines, directions, etc
- Participate in ongoing training
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- 2-3 years call center customer service experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills and the use of a fax machine, copier and printer are a plus
- Knowledge of databases and how they work
- Experience utilizing CRM to track customer calls
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.