Sodexo Employment - Food Service Worker
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Food Service Worker will be an employee of Sodexo at George Williams College in Williams Bay, WI. The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain,season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledgeof temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entres, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor foodbelt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May work on a trayline to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
- No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors,managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.