Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC
In addition to those duties of a Purchasing Technician, this position will oversee accurate receiving of all scheduled II, III, IV, and V controlled substances, maintain accurate receiving files in a format that meets the DEA and State Board of Pharmacy requirements. This position is responsible for assisting in filing appropriate DEA Forms to report missing controlled substances, train pharmacy supervisors and other purchasing technicians on the use of AutoVault, and assist in investigating and resolving all CS discrepancies.
Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC
Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC - Controlled Substances
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Kentucky Board of Pharmacy Registration PTCB Registration
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
7:00am - 3:00pm Monday through Friday
This position requires dependability, and the ability to prioritize. The successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred. Hospital and/or Retail pharmacy technician experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a National Pharm Tech Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter