Therapeutic Services is seeking an Occupational Therapist to perform occupational therapy evaluations and render occupational therapy treatments following a physician's order. Will treat patients with a variety of diagnoses. Will perform appropriate documentation in the medical record. This position will provide direct patient care and will assist the Supervisor and Senior Leaders in program development while adhering to the policies and procedures of the University of Kentucky HealthCare Enterprise and in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and above; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; regular exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens; and occasional exposure to combative/violent people.
Monday-Friday 8-4:30, some weekends and holidays per departmental needs.
Excellent communication (written and verbal); exceptional attention to detail; and computer skills, necessary. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Hospital occupational therapist experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently registered or eligible to be registered as an occupational therapist in the state of Kentucky?
- * Do you work well in a high stress, fast paced, and multi-tasking working environment?
- * Please describe your experience working in a high stress, fast paced, and multi-tasking environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter