Digital Marketing Manager
Hyde Park Campus
71684 UChicago Creative
About the Unit
The role of the Digital Marketing Manager is to guide University of Chicago departments and units that are looking to launch new websites and provide innovative digital solutions. To achieve this, the Digital Marketing Manager works closely with campus colleagues to understand project objectives, assess the technical and content requirements, and provide recommendations covering content platforms, resource requirements, and project architecture.
- Works directly with clients to define and distill their goals
- Uses website best practices to identify and recommend enhancements to user experience and site performance
- Provides content and website architecture recommendations to optimize information needed across web properties
- Partners with stakeholders in UChicago Creative, Web Services, and University Communications to deliver optimal internal and external solutions
- Accurately determines project scopes, cost estimates, and resourcing plans
- Helps onboard, kickoff, and manage both campus and third party partners
- Tracks project milestones, proactively communicates progress, and flags potential risks
- Proven track record of managing multi-phase website projects
- Solid communication skills with clients, web designers, user experience architects, and developers
- Ability to evaluate website content and review brand identity guidelines
- Previous experience preparing RFPs and managing bid processes with web service vendors
- Understands the latest website technologies, user trends, accessibility standards, and SEO best practices
- Expertise in project management platforms including: Basecamp, Slack, and Microsoft Office tools
- Strong management and publishing knowledge of CMS platforms including: Drupal, WordPress
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelors degree required
- 5-8 years of experience in web management, content strategy, online user experience, and digital marketing required
- Digital or marketing agency experience preferred
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/