System DevOps Engineer
System DevOps Engineer
Job Number: 79622
System DevOps Engineer We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our infrastructure team as a System DevOps Engineer in Administrative Systems within University IT. The group delivers many essential servers, storage, Docker/Kubernetes framework & services, both on premise and the cloud. This position will focus on auto deployment services in the cloud. The incumbent works closely with other System DevOps & Application Engineers. A successful candidate should have a strong experience in AWS DevOps engineering and strong Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery framework. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, build and deploy systems & applications.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies.
- Work as a project lead and technical lead on moderate & complex projects.
- Responsible for continuous integration and continuous deployment for multiple initiatives.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation and upgrades of applications.
- Experience with complex multi-system platforms and vendors
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming method.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated in learning new technology.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet the system and application requirement needs
- Good understanding & experience of Networking, Firewall, Security hardening, storage and OS software package management in Unix Environment.
- Experience in orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Puppet and many others.
- Experience in development of automation tools with popular languages such as Python, Unix shells scripting.
- Extensive Experience with AWS server deployment using AWS CLI, HashiCorp Terraform.
- Experience with AWS SQS, API Gateway, OAuth 2.0 & RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.