Manager, Purchasing and Business Support
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of: SP001870P
Manager, Purchasing and Business Support
SALARY: $30.17 - $44.57 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
OPENING DATE: 07/05/18
CLOSING DATE: 07/26/18 11:59 PM
Under the direction of the Vice President, Administrative Services,the Manager of Purchasing and Business Support will perform a variety of professional level duties pertaining to the purchases of goods and services for the District, managing District properties, overseeing and implementing District contracts, MOU's, and agreements, and handling various insurance coverages and issues. Oversee management of District-owned business and residential properties; purchase materials, supplies, equipment and services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and district policies; analyze quotes and sources of supply for best quality, price and/or value; assist with establishing and/or interpreting the design of purchasing related contracts; manage and monitor District-wide business-related contracts and leases. Assist in compiling and preparing contract bid documents and RFP's/RFQ's; establish and maintain contract records and ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Perform related duties as assigned.
This is a part-time management position (11 months/year and 24 hours/week). Work schedule will be Monday through Thursday (hours to be assigned).
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Manager, Purchasing and Business Support include:
• Manage District-owned commercial property rentals; work with management companies to manage District-owned residential rentals
• Maintain, prepare and regularly file multiple Possessory Interest Property Tax Statements as required by county assessor; research and resolve discrepancies and issues
• Prepare annual 5-Year Equipment/Technology/Furniture Purchase Plan as required by the state Chancellor's office, working in consultation with Dean of Technology, Academic Deans, Student Services Deans, Center Provosts, and Dean of Facilities
• Oversee all furniture and equipment purchases for all minor and major renovations, new construction, and general classroom or office needs.
• Prepare and submit purchasing related contract or other contract documents for executions by all parties.
• General purchasing duties, including sourcing best pricing options, vendor negotiations, and requests for quotations, proposals, and bid specifications.
• May perform instructional materials and supplies purchasing as assigned.
• Make recommendations concerning major purchase agreements for materials, capital equipment, supplies and contract services.
• Draft and/or review all District business and service contracts and MOU's; review contract language and content as needed, including indemnification clauses.
• Develop and issue competitive bid packages for RFQ's/RFP's. Manage and periodically review all leases and MOU's. Prepare documents for board meetings as applicable.
• Perform complex research through various methods to determine legality and conformance of proposed contracts (i.e. Education, Public Contract, Government, and Labor codes, Contractor's State License Board, prevailing wage laws, etc.) Make recommendations based on outcome of research.
• Review service, independent consulting, public works, and other contracts for basic requirements and determine necessity of Board approval or ratification.
• Assist Facilities department to coordinate all staff moves within or between campuses.
• Monitor solar productivity and work with solar contractor to reconcile production guarantee annually
• Oversee Energy Power Purchase Agreements procurement and rate research; maintain related documents and files
• Assist Administrative Services Department with implementing and administering District-wide property and liability insurance. Work with District administration and P&L risk management providers to file District claims and administer claims.
• Serve on property and liability insurance board if required
• Assist Administrative Services Department, Payroll Department, and Human Resources Department with Health Insurance coverage implementation and options. Serve as a resource person to these departments.
• Coordinate disposal of surplus and obsolete property in accordance with District and Code requirements. Manage facility-only related Ewaste (lighting and batteries)
• Maintain an inventory of surplus furniture and fixtures for use in classrooms and offices, as beneficial to the District
• Provide support for business-related projects and special accounting projects for Administrative Services and Fiscal Services.
• Prepare a variety of correspondence, statistics, reports, documents, and presentations; maintain a variety of files and records.
• Participate in committees as assigned.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in business, business administration, or accounting. Three (3) years of experience in business, business management, or accounting. Demonstrated skill in business math, financial record keeping and/or any combination of training and/or experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the operation and use of office productivity software for word processing, spreadsheet and database management and presentation software programs (e.g., MS Office Suite, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) utilizing personal computers, internet browsers, websites and Email.
• Experience performing purchasing, including experience in contracts administration and RFP's/RFQ's.
• CPA certification, or other experience in public accounting
• Management experience or experience supervising other personnel.
• Experience working with Banner financial or purchasing modules, or a similar enterprise system.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Governmental Accounting Standards, and fund accounting.
• Knowledge of California Education Code and California Public Contract Code.
• Understanding of, sensitivity to and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of Sequoias Community Colleges' students, faculty, staff and community.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
• Valid California's driver license
• An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias Community College District.
• Indoor work environment.
• Frequent contact in person and on the telephone with management, certificated, and classified staff
• Ability to sit for long periods
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard.
• Ability to read normal and fine print.
• Ability to provide information in person or on the telephone.
• Ability to hear and understand voices over the telephone and in person.
• Ability to remember key information and concentrate for long periods.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
• Mission and goals of a Sequoias Community College District.
• District organization, operations and objectives.
• General accounting practices and laws
• Regulations and requirements related to California Education Code and California Community Colleges.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Plan and organize work.
• Operate a computer and assigned software (MS Office Suite, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
• Relate effectively to people of varied academic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds using tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
• Interpret, apply and explain District policies and legal regulations and requirements.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
• An online job application.
• Diversity statement (included within the online application).
• Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
• Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
• Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2135876/manager-purchasing-and-business-support