COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (Healthy Families)
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (Healthy Families)
Posting Number: SRGV3369
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for providing outreach education services within the scope of a given project in order to meet program requirements. Serve as a health advocate and provide basic information regarding clinic and community services to promote clinic services and encourage visits.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates and participates in community events such as health fairs and community forums, as a representative of the program.
• Participates in, coordinates, and/or attends to specific health issues/appointments with assigned community residents while abiding by all HIPAA standards.
• Conducts community presentations and other needed outreach activities in order to reach out to target populations.
• Builds networks by reaching out through community events, community-based agencies and any other community event to motivate, educate, promote and encourage the participation of the community.
• Participates in mandatory trainings and conferences related to the program to keep current with applicable changes and knowledge of awareness and preventive measures in the specific areas of health that are being advocated.
• Assesses the outreach activities implemented in order to properly determine the needs of the community.
• Tracks community events and or services provided that he/she participates in and data related to classes and workshops.
• Assists Health Educator/project coordinator by obtaining resources and/or recording data in order to meet the goals and objectives established.
• Maintains inventory of health education/outreach materials necessary to conduct outreach efforts.
• May assist with the development of materials and other resources needed to conduct outreach efforts.
• May participate in IRB approved research projects.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Current Certification as Promotora/Community Health Worker by the State of Texas, or complete certification within six months of hire. • Texas Driver’s License or ability to obtain within six weeks of hire.
Some experience related the duties stated above.
Use of standard office equipment and other electronic devices.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; frequent travel in the Rio Grande Valley will be required with some occasional overnight travel outside the area.
Good organizational skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills are recommended. Ability to work with diverse groups of people and build relationships within communities. Strong interpersonal skills to make community connections and build relationships with the target patient/client/community base. Ability to successfully operate electronic medical records with instruction.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/13/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2019
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/18508