Assistant Professor, Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP, College of Nursing & Health Professions
Lewis University, Romeoville, IL, invites applications for a half-time, non-tenure track faculty member to work will work collaboratively with the Coordinator of the Nurse Practitioner track and faculty to teach and facilitate continued program development and implementation in the Department of Graduate Studies with a focus on Adult Gerontology Acute Care nurse practitioner track. Primary responsibilities include teaching, curriculum development, implementation and evaluation, research/scholarship and service.Lewis University
Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.The College of Nursing and Health Professions
The College of Nursing and Health Professions offers bachelor's, master's and DNP degrees in an environment of personalization, with small class sizes and individualized attention to students. The College's faculty promote Lasallian and Catholic values by creating an environment which fosters critical thinking, enlightenment, compassion, and community in all teaching, learning and service.
- Facilitate student learning through effective teaching and evaluation of learning in assigned courses mainly in the primary care nurse practitioner tracks
- Collaborate with curriculum review, development, and implementation
- Collaborate with scheduling courses, developing clinical affiliations, and student clinical learning experiences
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean/Director of Graduate Studies, NP Coordinator, Faculty, and other university departments in securing, managing, and maintaining resources to meet program needs and to facilitate achievement desired student outcomes
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean/Director in the recruitment of faculty as needed
- Serve as an academic advisor, mentor, and advocate for students in the graduate program
- Maintain research and/or scholarship productivity
- Provide services to the internal and external communities
Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate in nursing or related field required. The equivalent of three years of full-time clinical nursing experience plus three years of full-time equivalent Adult Gerontology Acute Care nurse practitioner experience also required. Licensure as an advanced practice Adult Gerontology Acute Care nurse (APN) in the state of Illinois or eligibility for same with application in process also required. Certified by ANCC or AANP as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Teaching experience in an academic setting
Application Process: Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3491
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.