Human Resources Business Partner
The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community (HRIC) at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Inclusive Community who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of services in support of the University's mission, vision and strategies. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is evolving from a traditional operational and service orientation into a highly effective strategic unit advancing the broader strategic aims of the University.
This position will provide human resources consultation and support to specific academic units and/or non-academic divisions at the University of Denver that include staffing, employee development, performance management, employee relations and compensation. This position will collaborate with the divisional leadership and HRIC in the overall strategic planning, developing and implementing human resources practices and programs that support the divisions business needs and help advance the University's Strategic Plan, Impact 2025.
This posting will serve as a general position posting. Department placement will be discussed during the interview process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong consulting skills and application of effective organization design, workforce planning, recruiting, selection, on-boarding, performance management, employee relations and delivering learning programs.
- Working knowledge and application of employment laws including but not limited to related to EEO, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Workplace investigation experience.
- Demonstrated presentation skills to deliver effective programs related to human resource initiatives, programs and updates to all levels of employees and management including online presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in an inclusive environment with population and varying work styles.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships both inside and outside of the division.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and across teams with a focus on service orientation.
- Customer-focused orientation with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 years of experience working in a human resource generalist or human resource business partner capacity.
- A Master's Degree in Human Resources may substitute for two (2) years of the experience.
- Experience analyzing Human Resources trends and metrics in developing solutions, programs and policies.
- Highly proficient in use of HRIS, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Previous higher education work experience, or exposure to higher education or experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- Certification in Human Resource Management from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Thursday, July 19, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter addressing the following:
- Commitment to Inclusive Excellence (IE). To read more about DUs commitment to IE please follow this link: https://www.du.edu/diversity-inclusion/
- Experience, if any, in higher education or complex matrixed organization
- Experience, if any, in consulting or working as a trusted adviser
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.