A & P Technician Assistant
The Department of Aviation Services at Lewis University seeks an A&P Technician Assistant to be responsible for the proper care and maintenance of Lewis' aircraft. In addition, the A&P Technician Assistant delivers quality aircraft maintenance to outside customers in accordance to FAA regulations.Lewis University
Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Repair aircraft, using available equipment, tooling and skills in accordance to FAA
- Repair work includes, but is not limited to: sheet metal repair and fabrication, electrical troubleshooting, painting, riveting, hydraulic repair/maintenance, engine overhaul, etc.
- Review manufactures diagrams, specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Order aircraft parts and supplies from the Aviation Services Parts Manager.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on aircraft.
- Conduct AD/SB research on aircraft. Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Assist the A&P Technicians in Annual and 100 Hr. Inspections.
- Assist the Director of Aviation Services in special projects and/or activities.
- Serve on university committees and/or task forces.
- Participate in professional training workshops and/or seminars.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be or have been enrolled in an Aviation training program. Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of adverse weather conditions. Must possess manual and finger dexterity in order to perform the essential functions of the A&P Technician position. Must be physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb and reach. Must possess excellent written communication skills. Must possess adequate vision and technical knowledge in order to read/interpret aircraft repair manuals, specifications, diagrams, blueprints, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous A&P Technician experience on small turbo prop aircraft preferred.
Application Process: Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3387
Inspired by the Universities Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.