Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Leeds School of Business
Department: Leeds School of Business
Requisition Number: 11148
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 15-Jul-2018
The Leeds School of Business is now accepting applications for a Student Programs Coordinator for the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility. The program coordinator is a part-time professional exempt position that reports to the Assistant Director of Operations of the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility (CESR) in the Leeds School of Business. The Student Programs Coordinator is responsible for managing CESR programs in the areas of student support and advising as the staff lead on the Certificate in Socially Responsible Enterprise and the CESR Fellows student club. The CESR program coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director of CESR, faculty support, and event management support.
Who We Are
Leeds School of Business has put itself on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is devoted to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Manage enrollment records for CESR Fellows and SRE Certificate, ensuring current, accurate records are kept in CESR files, and are regularly (weekly) updated in Salesforce.
- Develop a process to regularly report to supervisor on program status and needs.
- Support SRE Faculty Lead as requested with culmination interviews, general operational needs of the program
SRE Certificate Student Advising
- Identify course options and opportunities for SRE students based on their specific (personal) progression through Leeds curriculum. Educate students to these opportunities, in an effort to keep SRE Certificate and CESR coursework in consideration. Proactively seek out regular meetings with students to ensure close connection to CESR and maximize retention.
- Develop process by which to standardize this progress review for students; work with Leeds Technology Services to create reports where/as applicable. Work to integrate progress tracking and contact database within Salesforce.com.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Leeds Career Development Office (CDO) to ensure holistic messaging of events, workshops, mentoring and other opportunities to the benefit of the students, the SRE and Fellows programs and the Career Development Office.
- Work with CDO to communicate targeted job and internship opportunities to Fellows via CESR Newsletters, social media or other channels. Help connect CESR partners/speakers with the Career office to support increased job and internship opportunities aligned with student interests.
- Actively engage with Leeds Mentorship Office on CESR peer and professional mentorship programs/ opportunities.
- In support of CDO career surveying, remind Fellows and SRE students to complete Career Surveys, as applicable. Establish a schedule that supports CDO reporting, and actively solicit internship and placement information from CESR Fellows and SRE students for the purpose of completing any missing or out of date Salesforce career detail.
- Work with undergraduate and graduate Net Impact student leaders to design annual out-of-state CSR Career Trek: engage Professional Mentorship and Advancement Offices for opportunities to engage active mentors and corporate partners in destination cities.
- Ensure students are aware of program deadlines, events, job and internship opportunities, and other topics relevant to their academic and professional success.
- Work with Leeds marketing to ensure that the CESR website reflects current, accurate information about SRE and CESR Fellows. Seek out and suggest content ideas from these programs to promote in CESR marketing.
- Actively pursue new avenues to promote the SRE Certificate and CESR Fellows.
- Present SRE at Certificate Fairs, Sophomore Summit, Leeds Launch and other applicable events.
- Plan and execute Fellows and SRE events including, at a minimum, Annual Alumni/CESR Student Community Reception, an appreciation event for CESR Fellows and each semester’s SRE Graduation Celebrations.
- Manage event and program budgets, and track all expenses to facilitate reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations.
- Use appropriate event management tools (Linvio, etc.) to coordinate event timing with other Leeds offices and synch attendance information with Salesforce.
- Provide logistical event planning and day-of support for other CESR events and meetings, as requested by the Assistant Director of Operations.
- Manage phone, email and walk-in traffic for the Center, concentrating on superior customer service and professional presentation.
- Assist with expense reporting and tracking.
- Provide administrative support to faculty from the Business Ethics & Social Impact division, and to the Executive Director of CESR as needed.
What You Should Know
- This is a 50% position.
- Flexible, but consistent schedule.
- Able to attend periodic student events as needed.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Experience managing events, calendars, and expense budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in customer service and/or project management.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding and highly responsive interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide high quality, flexible, and timely customer service and always present yourself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to learn and respond quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project and/or program management.
- Enthusiasm for working with students and faculty.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to follow up and follow through to keep projects moving.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Passion for the four pillars our center is based on: business ethics, corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer