Resource Management Department Head
University of Colorado
Resource Management Department Head
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library is searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to fill our Resource Management, Department Head position. The Department Head is responsible for overseeing the work of the eleven person Resource Management Department. The work of the Resource Management Department includes the duties of a traditional library Technical Services department and more. The Resource Management Department is responsible for the acquisition, licensing, cataloging, metadata creation, collections analysis, and interlibrary loan of Auraria Library's purchased content, in addition to, managing the on and off campus access to these learning materials and their physical maintenance. The Resource Management, Department Head leads the Library's acquisition-to-discovery workflow of purchased library materials to ensure the best possible user experience and supports the Acquisitions Librarian in overseeing the Library's $3.6M learning materials budget. This position provides leadership in the area of cataloging and metadata creation. This is a 12-month non-tenure track senior instructor position.
This position serves on the Library Shared Leadership Team and is expected to contribute to the development and implementation of the Library's vision and goals. As a faculty member, this position participates on Library and campus-wide committees and in CU Denver faculty governance. The Resource Management, Department Head engages in fulfilling the research and educational missions of the Auraria Library and the three institutions on the Auraria Campus - the University of Colorado Denver, the Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the Community College of Denver.
Leadership in Discovery, Metadata, and Access
- Oversees and evaluates metadata creation for the library's learning materials in all formats, including developing best practices and performing quality control.
- Oversees and evaluates cataloging processes and tools (e.g., LTI, OCLC Connexion, WorldShare Collection Manager).
- Provides long-term vision for the library's access points from a user experience perspective including the discovery layer (Summon), the library catalog (Sierra), WorldCat, Google Scholar, and others.
Leadership in Electronic Resources Management
- Cultivates and develops the department's workflows and procedures to address the complexities of the 21st century learning materials lifecycle.
- Evaluates, develops, and improves acquisition-to-discovery processes for purchased library materials.
- Manages, supports, and assesses the Library's electronic resource management tools (e.g., eresources linking form, ProQuest Workflow Solutions/Serials Solutions).
Start Date: September or October 2018.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by July 31, 2018. Applications received after July 31, 2018 may or may not be considered.
To learn more about the University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library, visit https://library.auraria.edu/about.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Supervisory experience in an academic or research library.
- Experience in an academic or research library in one or more areas of library resource management including, but not limited to; electronic resource management, metadata creation, or electronic resources acquisitions.
- Experience with current and emerging technologies including integrated library systems, discovery layers, URL resolvers, APIs.
- Experience building working relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders and/or vendors.
- Experience working with metadata and/or cataloging in an academic or research library environment.
- Experience capitalizing on growth opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is$70,000-$75,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by July 31, 2018. Applications received after July 31, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14062
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Jul 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alex Matthews
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00616167