LIBRARY HELPDESK TECHNICAL LEAD
JOB NO.: 95217-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: LIBR\LIBR TECH GROUP
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Library, Museum, Arts
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 95217-AS
Working Title: Library Helpdesk Technical Lead
Official Title: INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree recommended but not required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in computer operations, support, or help desk
- Experience with Windows workstation administration and support
- Experience with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, and desktop management software such as Tivoli Endpoint Management, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, or similar client management systems
- Familiarity with workstation security practices, anti-virus technologies and endpoint management
- Experience in user training and documentation preparation
- Familiarity with scripting language(s) such as Powershell or Winbatch
- Experience with MacOS administration and support
License or certificate:
Working closely with our LTG Systems Team, the technical lead will implement desktop and server hardware and software solutions and library applications in a scalable, secure, robust manner, ensuring seamless operations of production systems. The technical lead will support Helpdesk student staff in triaging and resolving desktop support requests, calls, work tickets and other inquiries. There will be frequent interactions with the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) staff as well as Campus/College/Departments technical staff to integrate services across a broad user base. The technical lead will be expected to assist and lead in managing IT projects as needed and participate actively in library and campus-wide committees.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
The Library Technology Group is a dynamic group of IT and Library professionals consisting of active application development, digital collections and operations teams. We actively work within the UW and UW-System Library communities to facilitate the effective curation, management, deployment, discovery, delivery and preservation of digital and physical content. We take great pride in providing innovative, effective solutions and excellent user support.
Instructions to applicants:
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jul 5 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Aug 3 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time