We prefer candidates with demonstrated expertise in computer-human interaction and user interface design. The successful applicant will create quality code, modular designs and clean APIs, using external frameworks as needed. S/he will work collaboratively within a six member team of software developers to actively share design ideas on a daily basis. The applicant will bring an interest in exploring and integrating new technologies. S/he will work with biologists and other database users to help translate complex scientific use cases into effective tools and interfaces.
Combine the advantages of an academic environment with the rigor of developing a production system. Work in an intellectually challenging yet relaxed environment. Enjoy flexible work hours and excellent vacation, tuition, health and retirement benefits. Work on a resource that makes a difference in the health of millions of people.
The EuPathDB project, including this open position, is funded by multiple renewable contracts. EuPathDB has had continuous, and expanding, funding for 15 years, and expects the trend to continue. Position is contingent on continued funding.
- BA/BS. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Biology preferred.
- 2+ years relevant programming experience
- Comfort with standard architectural patterns & best practices, and concepts in computer science
- Strong interpersonal skills, enabling effective communication with a collaborative team
- Master's or PhD strongly preferred
- 3+ years relevant programming experience
- Experience in React/Redux, TypeScript, Sass, and functional programming skills/interest
- Interest and skill in UX design, experience in a UNIX environment, working knowledge of Java
- Interest and/or experience in bioinformatics and genomics is a plus
Reference Number: 02-29300
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology