Technical Communications Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $74,650
The Technical Communications Coordinator for the central campus technology organization coordinates campus communication, training, documentation and support initiatives under the general guidance of the ITS Manager for Communications & Assessment. The incumbent works with fellow team members to effectively coordinate and produce technical support related communication in written, graphical and/or verbal contexts to a variety of audiences with the ultimate goal of providing service support excellence. The incumbent participates in the annual technical service assessment process.
Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans.
Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to the target and/or broad general audiences.
Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively direct technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications.
Knowledge of the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education and/or health sciences.
Knowledge of location protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
Working knowledge of the UCR technology landscape.
Experience within a higher education support organization.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview