IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Texas A&M University - Central Tx
Proposed Minimum Salary
*You must upload/attach your cover letter, resume and the names and numbers of at least three professional references when applying. *
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This position's primary responsibilities will be to lead the planning, execution, and successful completion of concurrent, strategic IT projects within the department. In addition this resources will work closely with line managers, business analysts, and senior management to effectively communicate with project teams, stakeholders, vendors, and project sponsors. This position will also conduct data analysis to determine project health, project completion metrics, and gather qualitative and quantitative data for project reporting.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of related experience in IT Project Management.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Project Management, or Communication.
- Five or more years of related experience in field of IT with focus on Project Management.
- 2 years team/project/operations leadership
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be proficient in technical writing.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of project and operations management.
- Knowledge of team leadership skills including motivating team and group processes, team collaboration, empowering, coaching, mentoring, training, ethical integrity, championing diversity and inclusiveness, and supervising staff.
- Knowledge of strategic thinking and planning. Industry related skills to include knowledge of the IT industry and trends, knowledge of IT security regulations, and proficiency with the Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Knowledge Skills/Abilities:
- Proven ability to manage departmental and enterprise-level information technology projects.
- Knowledge of multiple Project Management Methodologies (e.g. Traditional, Iterative, Scrum).
- Coordinates project efforts and communications with project vendors, proposal writing, and business acumen, adaptability to change, team leadership skills, and quality assurance.
- Industry related skills to include, proficiency with ITIL, IT project management processes, knowledge of IT security regulations, IT sourcing, and knowledge of current IT industry issues and trends.
- Proven record of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently to see a project through to completion.
- Thorough understanding of the discipline of Project Management.
- Proficient in Project Management software.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other Project Management Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Use established project management protocols, as documented in the established methodology, to lead the planning, execution, and successful completion of concurrent IT projects. Identify, prioritize, schedule, and direct the activities of a large or multiple project team/s. Coordinates with departmental personnel to develop specifications, plans, timelines, resource estimates, and schedules for various projects within the Information Technology Office. Facilitate the analysis of project risks and manage as appropriate, including recommendation of solutions. Executes project work plans and timelines to meet project milestones and deliverables. Provides leadership, direction, and coaching on project-specific tasks. Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within committed schedule, scope, and budget. Coordinate activities with sponsors and management of other organizational units and vendors.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to project sponsors, stakeholders, and superiors. Facilitates team and stakeholder meetings to guide project implementation. Holds regular status meetings with project teams. Keeps project teams well informed of changes and project status. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Uses a wide-range of communication practices to deliver sensitive or difficult information with tact and professionalism. Completes all required project documentation and reports for clients and/or management.
- Conducts data analyses to fulfill routine reporting to sponsor, routine management activities to include project metrics and project health reporting, and special information needs within the scope of contracts. Compiles quantitative and qualitative reports for submission to project sponsors. Reviews deliverables prepared by project team leaders and members.
- Facilitates vendor activities related to projects to include formulation of requests for proposal, quotation, and information. Works with vendor representatives and project managers to develop statements of work and manage timelines, risks, budget, and scope of work related to delivery of vendor projects. Reviews vendor documentation, contracts, and addenda, and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions. Maintains individual professional development related to IT and Project Management
- Support department success and objectives such as: maintain a positive relationship with other departments and personnel that will assist in the development, funding, promotion, and/or public relations of the Department of IT. Work nights and weekends as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was established in 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is an upper-level institution, fully aligned with regional community colleges and offering quality bachelor's and master's degrees with an emphasis on access and affordability.
The student population at A&M-Central Texas is diverse and growing, with more than 2,600 students currently enrolled. To accommodate both full and part-time students, classes are offered on the main campus in Killeen, at off-site locations like Fort Hood and the East Williamson County Higher Education Center in Hutto, as well as fully online. The University serves the Central Texas region with a growing range of academic programs that foster excellence and achievement. For more information about A&M-Central Texas, visit www.tamuct.edu.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (254) 519-8610.
- TAMUCT Home Page
- HR Home Page
- Benefits Summary
- Commitment to Diversity
- Employment Opportunities
- Employee Directory
- TAMUCT Mission, Vision and Values