Limited Term Data Integration Specialist
Limited Term Data Integration Specialist
Position Number: 10061138
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 07/18/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Data Integration Specialist. The Data Integration Specialist is responsible for all aspects of data integrations between the university's student information system as well as other selected systems and the third-party applications purchased to provide additional capability, efficiency, and productivity to university personnel. The highest adherence to information security principles is an absolute requirement. Additionally, this position will serve as the Ellucian Ethos Hub administrator, part of the team responsible for Banner user accounts, and sometimes as a project manager.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Data Integration Specialist will:
- Preform data integration design, development, documentation, implementation, administration, maintenance, and management for university information systems, particularly Ellucian Banner, and other third-party systems in a secure and reliable manner as well as developing, refining, and documenting our integration processes
- Serve as UNG's Ellucian Ethos Integration Hub administrator
- Creation, deletion, and maintenance of Banner and other user accounts
- Ad hoc reporting as required with SQL and PL/SQL
- Occasional project management assignments related to Enterprise Information Systems projects
- Professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must have or be willing and able to quickly develop knowledge and familiarity in the following (it is expected that applicants may not currently possess skill in every area):
- Information security requirements and best practices
- Oracle databases
- Ellucian Banner data structures
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Shell scripting
- IT and finance auditing requirements
- Banner security and user permissions
- The Ethos Integration Hub
- IT documentation standards and practices
- Incident and request management in ServiceNow
- Software version control with GitHub
- Project management best practices.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3 years IT-related experience. Prefer experience in higher education IT with experience in data integration projects.
- Experience with additional preferred languages is a plus.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.