The position of Physical Therapist will provide direct patient care and will assist the Supervisor and Senior Leaders in program development while adhering to the policies and procedures of the University of Kentucky HealthCare Enterprise and in accordance with state and federal regulations. Additionally, this position will perform physical therapy evaluations and render physical therapy treatments following a physician's order; treat patients with a variety of diagnoses; and perform appropriate documentation in the medical record.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and above; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; regular exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens; and occasional exposure to combative/violent people.
Monday- Friday 8-4:30 with rotating weekends and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and computer skills, and will be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree in physical therapy preferred. Hospital, acute care and ortho experience preferred. Registered in physical therapy preferred. Current Kentucky State Physical Therapy License preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently registry eligible or registered as a physical therapist?
- * Can you work flexible hours or days to accommodate patient needs and work flow?
- * Please describe your experience working in a high stress, fast paced, and multi-tasking environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter