Associate Director, Enrollment Strategy
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Associate Director of Enrollment Strategy will serve as an active member of the Enrollment Strategy team and serve as a member of the Admissions Committee. This position will oversee and implement recruiting strategies utilizing alumni in the admissions process by organizing presentations, special events, and marketing campaigns.
- Serve as a member of the Enrollment Strategy team which is responsible for all virtual and in person experiences. Specifically, focused on how to leverage alumni and corporate partners to increase awareness of MBA opportunities at Chicago Booth.
- Develop and implement communication plans for alumni audiences' in order to increase alumni knowledge of the admissions process and the overall vision of the business school. This involves putting together quarterly/yearly communication plans, marketing pieces, and training events.
- Oversee “Shape the Class” alumni engagement and referral campaign, as well as develop ongoing communication plans to engage, strengthen, and collaborate with alumni on a global scale.
- Responsible for developing a long-term outreach and engagement strategy with key stakeholders, including alumni, corporate partners, admissions consultants, internal alumni relations, etc. This includes planning and marketing events to prospective students, alumni, and corporate partners.
- Benchmark Chicago Booth programs and events against similar competitors and make recommendations on ways to enhance Chicago Booth's programming and outreach.
- Oversee the student Global Booth Ambassadors programs which utilizes current students to serve as country captains. These volunteers are resources to prospective students and host events in home countries.
- Research and analyze data on outreach team's strategic projects, making recommendations for future initiatives.
- Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities. Duties include reading and evaluating applications; conducting interviews; mentoring Admissions Fellows and Regional Captains; traveling within the East Coast region for the purpose of making presentations (both corporate and informational); and attending various recruiting and yield events.
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of three years of admissions or admissions-related experience required.
- Experience working in admissions operations or higher education preferred.
- Experience managing CRM systems (Slate) preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of database technology and ability to learn new technologies quickly required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision required.
- Experience giving presentations to groups required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Outstanding organization skills required.
- Ability to manage several projects at once required.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines required.
- Ability to work successfully as member of a team required.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach required.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work non-traditional hours required.
- Cover letter
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/