Math Instructional Specialist
Department: Learning Commons
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Director
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req206
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 203-18
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday 10 am – 7:30 pm Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Number of Openings: 1
Provides direct academic and occasional to moderate technical support to students by assisting them to learn instructional materials through direct one-on-one and small group tutoring, in tutorial learning centers and learning support groups; conducts workshops; demonstrates and teaches operation of computer equipment; creates supplemental instructional materials; and makes classroom presentations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans and conducts individual and/or small group tutor sessions and may monitor tutors' hours.
- Assists faculty and students in classroom settings and/or labs.
- Assists in creating and managing supplemental instructional materials.
- Keeps current in subject matter expertise via workshop attendance, in-service training, faculty/staff conferences, and researching scholarly literature.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes departmental database information related to students' progress.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate academic discipline
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in an appropriate academic discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in the area to be assigned
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the organization
- Skills in basic mathematics
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of regular duties
- Ability to apply sound instructional techniques, using a variety of instructional media and/or delivery systems
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Master's Degree in an appropriate academic discipline
Flexible work schedule based on the needs of the program
Special Note:This is a full time, 1199/SEIU bargaining unit position, grade 08 with a salary of $46,084. Full time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.