Building Environmental Services Technician
Requisition Number S1556
Position Number 999032
Position Classification Title Building & Environmental Tech
Functional Title Building Environmental Services Technician
Position Type Staff
Facility Services Housekeeping has a part-time position that is responsible for carrying out housekeeping duties for the University which include: sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floor surfaces; maintaining restrooms in a sanitary state; replenishing toilet paper and soap products; emptying trash receptacles; and performing related duties as required.
This position is a mandatory position as defined in the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
• Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
• Employee Award Programs
• Employee Wellness Resources and more
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; an equivalent combination of training and experience. Special certification may be required for some of these positions. Special note: this is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per ADA. Examples of competencies are typical of the majority of positions, but may not be applicable to all functions.
At least six (6) months of directly related experience.
Previous working experience at a higher learning institution.
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid driver's license required.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $11,666-$13,188
Org #-Department Housekeeping - 56408
Work Hours of Position 5:00 am - 9:00 am M-F
Job Family Building Environmental Services
Competency Level Contributing
Open Date 07/06/2018
Close Date 07/20/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 50
Number of Months per Year 12
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have some knowledge of cleaning procedures and the ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu