The University of Miami Facilities Operations & Planning Division is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant who performs both technical and complex administrative projects as well as general clerical work in support of the day-to-day operations of the assigned unit. Applies independent judgment in the completion of assignments which include data compilation and analysis, the development and preparation of unit and project budgets, and monitoring unit expenses. May act as a lead to lower level administrative staff assigned to the unit.
• Maintains calendars, types, composes correspondence, orders office supplies, prepares financial forms (e.g.
• IDRs, BEFs, work orders, check requisitions for department), answers telephones, takes messages, transfers calls, greets visitors, answers routine questions, and directs visitors according to their needs.
• Completes special assignments requiring collecting, organizing, and analyzing data which may be the basis for significant decisions; performs complex assignments; resolves issues and problems referred by staff or the supervisor.
• Assists in developing and preparing budgets by compiling information to support projected expenditures in specific areas such as operating costs or travel costs; advises management of issues including trends, funding levels and expenditures related to these costs.
• Provides advice regarding budget projects, and monitors work unit's expenses; prepares summary financial reports and statistical information related to work unit's budget, accounts, activities, program clientele and operations; has signing authority and makes purchasing decisions.
• May act as a lead to lower level administrative staff within the unit; plans, organizes and oversees the activities and operations of the office unit; trains and assists in performance evaluations of assigned personnel.
• May establish and implement work unit procedures; ensures completed work products meet required timelines and standards of quality and quantity.
• Resolves unique situations where each contact must be handled differently using judgment discretion.
• May provide ancillary support to physicians, clinical activities, business services, student services, etc...
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 4-7 years of relevant office experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Demonstrated commitment to the University’s core values of diversity, integrity, responsibility, excellence, compassion, creativity and teamwork
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in data entry and typing.
Certification and Licensing:
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
All work performed is expected to be in accordance with the University’s DIRECCT Values, Service Standards, and Leadership Behaviors.
- Primarily exercises discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment in daily communications, tasks, and activities.
- Provides routine and general administrative support for the staff of the Vice President’s office.
- May provide support to other units/managers as needed.
- Manages and maintains office space and equipment: signage, building maintenance, document disposal, equipment inventory, conference room maintenance. Manage office operations: seating/floor charts, staff list, key logs, on boarding, off boarding.
- Provides direct customer service, interfacing with other departments to identify and resolve challenges.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains project files both electronically and in hard copy. Prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations including research and writing.
- May coordinate activities and tasks of the work-studies of the Vice President’s office.
- Contacts or responds to contacts and requests from high-ranking individuals inside or outside the university.
- Coordinates office service activities such as conference room reservations, supply inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Other duties assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The following sections capture the physical demands and working environment that are required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of extreme heat or
extreme cold Never
Wet/Humid conditions Never
Confined areas Never
High places Never
Equipment in motion Never
High noise levels Never
Environmental hazards Never
Exposure to TB Never
Exposure to Blood-borne Pathogens Never
Exposure to Radiant Energy Never
Outdoor/Exposed areas Never
Operate vehicles Never
Use hand tools Never
Use power tools Never
Depth Perception Frequently
Color Vision Frequently
Use of keyboard or
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>