The Advisor, Online Enrollment assists students with the online enrollment process to help students achieve their educational goals. Moreover, the Advisor, Online Enrollment builds positive mentoring relationships with students and strives to resolve issues that may impede student success.
Core Job Functions
1. Works cooperatively with staff and faculty as a student advocate.
2. Interviews prospective students, answers their questions, and helps them to identify personal and professional goals.
3. Advises and assists continuing and re-entry students to register for proper courses.
4. Makes decisions and recommendations concerning admissions.
5. Refers prospective students to a financial representative to discuss financial aid opportunities.
6. Maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admissions process.
7. Evaluates and monitors student academic progress and choices.
8. Assists students with transfer planning and opportunities.
9. Participates in professional development and training to enhance advising skills.
10. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum two years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
• Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: R100025141
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>