Clinical Data Specialist
Clinical Data Specialist
Job Number: 79641
The Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation in Stanford University School of Medicine is seeking a Clinical Data Specialist (Data Aide 3) to identify and enter complex medical data from source documents into computer systems and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. Maintain complex databases and develop tools and guidelines for data collection and integrity. Work is performed by exercising independent judgment and initiative in performing tasks.
- Maintain existing databases and develop guidelines to ensure data integrity; may integrate data from several sources.
- Identify and select usable data from extremely subtle and complex data patterns, applying practical understanding.
- Utilize computer applications to manipulate and report complex data.
- Develop new tools to assist with data collection and analysis.
- Work with data providers to discuss and clarify data ambiguities, inconsistencies etc.
- Perform audits of own work or that of others to ensure conformance with established procedure.
- Select and apply appropriate formulas, computer programs, or applications depending on data content.
- Establish complex record-keeping procedures, including cross-indexing by several factors and the designing of necessary forms.
- Keep current in changes and innovations in clinical knowledge, user applications, and reporting requirements in the field of blood and marrow transplant.
- Clinical knowledge in the field of oncology or blood and marrow transplantation.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong clerical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Family: Information Analytics
Job Series: Data Aide
Job Code: 4743
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.