Dean (III) of Fine and Applied Arts
American River College
Dean (III) of Fine and Applied Arts
Job Posting Number: AE00137P
Salary: $131,327 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Closing Date: 08/13/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/8662
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Dean of Fine and Applied Arts provides leadership and management of the instructional division. Typical duties include: instructor assignments, class schedules, staff evaluation and development, curriculum review, budget management, facilities management, coordination of performances, and administration for day, extended day, weekends, online, and summer instructional offerings.
The academic disciplines which the Dean of Fine and Applied Arts supervises are: Art New Media, Art, Fashion, Hospitality Management, Interior Design, Music, Commercial Music, Photography, Technical Theatre, and Theatre Arts.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Resolving student concerns and other conflicts using conflict resolution techniques.
• Promoting student success and improved student learning outcomes.
• Providing facilitation and guidance in the establishment of student outcomes and the assessment of these outcomes in order to determine the effectiveness of student learning in this area.
• Developing and administering the division budget.
• Assuming responsibility for faculty and staff evaluation and development.
• Facilitating articulation of division programs with other institutions, and developing partnerships with external agencies.
• Providing leadership and coordination in the use of instructional facilities in the division.
• Assuming a leadership and coordinative role in curriculum development and evaluation.
• Performing duties in the administration and supervision of the division.
• Providing leadership for the integration of general education and programs.
• Providing leadership and assisting faculty in the development and administration of grants.
• Facilitating communication between the Fine and Applied Arts Division and the college at large.
• Preparing and assisting in reports as necessary.
• Serving on or chairs college governance committees and supporting the college’s strategic plan.
• Serving on the Deans’ Council.
• Fostering a completion culture which encourages degrees, certificates, job preparation and transfer.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off campus work and/or hours.
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by January 2, 2019.
2. One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at https://jobs.losrios.edu/; select “Los Rios Jobs”, then “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators”.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.