Assistant Professor, International Business/International Marketing tenure-track
The University of Toledo invites applications for an International Business/International Marketing tenure-track faculty position. Rank is at assistant level, depending on qualifications and experience. Practical experience in international business or marketing would be beneficial. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in International Marketing or International Business from an AACSB accredited program. ABD will be considered, but candidates must complete the terminal degree by August, 2019.
Applicants should have demonstrated potential for high quality research and teaching. Candidates with proven achievements in International Marketing, including related working experience, are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate experience and/or willingness to work, and to participate in the academic unit, including, but not limited to, assessment, faculty development, new program initiatives, and so on. There is potential for the candidate to move into a leadership role in the Global Business Development Institute.
The University of Toledo, with a population of 23,000 students, is a comprehensive metropolitan state university located in Toledo, Ohio. Toledo combines the cultural benefits of a large city with the conveniences of a smaller community (http://www.utoledo.edu/campus/about/index.html). The College of Business and Innovation is AACSB accredited and offers an extensive portfolio of undergraduate and master programs, and a Ph.D. program in Manufacturing & Technology Management (www.business.utoledo.edu). The Department of Marketing and International Business offers majors in Marketing, International Business, Professional Sales and Digital Marketing. The Global Business Development Institute contributes to and supports student learning, scholarly research, and business/service outreach and engagement.
Individuals interested in this position must submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, a concise statement on current and potential research interests, and evidence of teaching effectiveness via student evaluations. Other materials may be requested as the search progresses. Initial screening of candidates will happen at the summer AMA Academic Conference August 10-12,2018. Applications must be submitted through The University of Toledo application website https://jobs.utoledo.edu, to be considered for this position. Review of applications will begin June 1, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national origin or sexual orientation. Salary is competitive. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Appointment begins August 2019. Inquiries may be sent to THOMAS.SHARKEY@utoledo.edu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills relevant to face-to-face and online course development and delivery
- Teaching courses as assigned per faculty workload
- Development and updating course materials, to keep courses at the leading edge of knowledge
- Providing student support for every aspect of learning to prepare them for relevant careers
- Attendance at key school events such as Blackboard training, learning assessment meetings, all school meetings, etc. as available and appropriate
- Participating actively in University governance through committee service
- Continuously pursuing scholarly activities, including grant proposal writing
- Maintain an active publication record
Other preferences include:
- Ability to plan and implement study abroad