Posting Number: 20110686
Job Category: Staff
Job Description Summary:
Southwestern Michigan College is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the School of Business and School of Advanced Technologies who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the dean and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Minimum of an Associate degree or the equivalent college credit from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience with fund accounting
• Modern office organizational skills, practices, procedures and equipment
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Applicable sections of state and federal laws and codes.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Be able to complete duties assigned in a timely fashion and meet deadlines by planning and organizing work.
• Perform specialized clerical and technical duties related to assigned area.
• Understand and follow written directions as well as have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skill.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Southwestern Michigan College is a two-year college located approximately 45 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 45 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/2400